Gearfire is a growing SaaS company whose innovative products give our customers the ability to sell online and manage their retail locations. From eCommerce software to payment processing solutions, we are the one-stop-shop for the modern outdoor retailer.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Trainer, hybrid-remote half the week, in our N. Scottsdale office. You will work as part of a training and implementation team to plan, organize, and deliver training content to Gearfire retailers and employees. In addition, this role will participate in end-to-end support of the training process through strategic involvement in the chartering and implementation of new technologies to ensure that training considerations are an embedded aspect of our business efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with retailers implementing retail point-of-sale software to train end users on specific functionality and system workflow
- Assists with documenting detailed training guidelines and end user documentation
- Follow installation standards, project plans, and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process
- Conduct product training either remotely or on-site, as determined by the retailers needs
- Adapt and refresh training curriculum for new product releases
- Assist with helping retailers cleanse and prepare data for conversion
- Earns the respect of our retailers through the demonstration of adaptability, tact, resourcefulness, and proactive communications
- Assist Support Services with providing retailer (help desk) support as needed
- Assist Quality Analysts with software testing as needed
- Collaborates with Other Implementation Team Members, Project Managers, Consultants, and Software Developers as needed to meet retailer expectations
- Employs project management software to effectively and efficiently communicate with retailers and Team Members
- Clearly and concisely document retailers’ progression through Project Plans
- Effectively manages multiple retailer projects and relationships, concurrently
- Excellent phone and in-person presentation skills
- Excellent organization and follow up skills
- Ability to diagnose problems, think quickly on your feet, and problem-solve
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Proven ability to develop training materials that present ideas in a clear and concise manner, at a level appropriate for the target audience
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and sit at a computer for long periods of time typing is required
- Excellent time management skills for managing multiple projects and calendars
- Ability to communicate technically difficult information in such a way that it is clear and comprehensible
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate clients’ needs
- Up to 10% nationwide travel possible
- Must have reliable transportation!
Check us out at www.GoGearfire.com.
We are an E-verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scottsdale, AZ 85258: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations?
- a) Are you comfortable working in a position related to the firearms industry, and
b) is there any reason prohibiting you from doing so?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Zoho / Project Management software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Technical Customer Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- TechSmith Camtasia: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Scottsdale, AZ 85258